Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Wooohoooo!!!!! One PR down, one to go!

Their constitution is very friendly to people wanting to move here. Just look at the fact that Milei has invited all of Venezuela to move here and live here and work here
sure, but this is legal migration from MerCoSur to MerCoSur - whereas in the US and western Europe there seems to be intentional movement of people (Haitians in Ohio, for example) to sow dissent. i don't think Venezuelans working and legally living in Argentina has any effect other than to boost the economy....but letting in Islamists and military-aged males from around the third-world to the USA is veeeeeery different. if the US had a better Work Visa system, less people would be border-hopping and risking deportation/jail time. we're incentivizing it right now, unfortunately. but still, as the world gets more chaotic and countries have big problems this recession, i think Argies will (logically) not want to have a 100%-open policy to just let anyone in. most people want to maintain their society and culture : )

Most got their tourist visa but some did not. No one was ever asked for anything in exchange for a visa.
hm, i've talked to many Uber drivers and the like, and i've heard a lot of educated, hard-working, peaceful people mention how it's very hard to get visas to the USA from Argentina. maybe it's a sort of economic 'class' aspect that they only allow the wealthy to go?

at least there I know it wasn't going on.
this would be very good to find out. but in most of the world, for certain that isn't the case, and nepotism is the law of the land. i worked in Afghan and Iraq with people who worked years for the US, had a Clearance, did everything asked of them in a high-risk area where they were needed, and they were left high and dry without a visa or residency or citizenship. i'm pretty sure in Iraq and Afghanistan alone there are more than 10,000 who were lied to. it could be a ton more. i haven't read much about it, i just know personally it was happening as we left

1. https://qz.com/702668/afghan-translators-for-the-us-army-who-were-promised-visas-but-never-got-them

2. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/tragic-fate-afghan-interpreters-left-behind-180960785/

3. https://theworld.org/stories/2019/0...reters-special-immigration-status-now-they-re

4. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58020494

5. https://www.latimes.com/world-natio...erpreters-blacklisted-special-immigrant-visas

:/

i suspect the Russian forums are filled with great guides on Anchor Babies, just like this forum helps us! i also suspect that the wealthy from Russia (those who can speak English and plan an emigration) have networked with people who have already done it, so it's probably fairly easy to replicate. many people have told me that it would be much easier to just be a parent to a kid born in Argentina :p

sure, but this is legal migration from MerCoSur to MerCoSur - whereas in the US and western Europe there seems to be intentional movement of people (Haitians in Ohio, for example) to sow dissent. i don't think Venezuelans working and legally living in Argentina has any effect other than to boost the economy....but letting in Islamists and military-aged males from around the third-world to the USA is veeeeeery different. if the US had a better Work Visa system, less people would be border-hopping and risking deportation/jail time. we're incentivizing it right now, unfortunately. but still, as the world gets more chaotic and countries have big problems this recession, i think Argies will (logically) not want to have a 100%-open policy to just let anyone in. most people want to maintain their society and culture : )
I think the biggest difference is the Venezuelans coming here seem to fit in and assimilate well here locally. There are already a lot of Venezuelans here and most of them seem like they are hard workers. Some that I have spoken to seem so grateful to be here compared to Venezuela. I think the ones that are having problems in the USA aren't all the same type. Maybe I am generalizing but I read so much about Venezuelan gangs in Colorado and other places.

I am not sure if this latest batch of millions of immigrants to the USA are illegal. If the USA is bringing them here and allowing them and giving them money for food stamps and letting them stay I am not sure you can label them illegal @StatusNomadicus. Seems to be it's a similar situation like Mercosur where the government is allowing them to enter the USA.

I am still trying to understand what is going on with the migrant situation in the US. I guess it is true with the great replacement theory about allowing them in for jobs and possibly for voting districts.

m, i've talked to many Uber drivers and the like, and i've heard a lot of educated, hard-working, peaceful people mention how it's very hard to get visas to the USA from Argentina. maybe it's a sort of economic 'class' aspect that they only allow the wealthy to go?
I have also talked to several Argentineans that have gotten rejected for a tourist visa to the US. Makes no sense to me that they would allow in tons of migrants that are poor and not educated when they are rejecting tourists visas for educated Argentines that just want to go vacation in the US.

Seems like the USA either wants wealthy and very educated or very poor and uneducated.
i suspect the Russian forums are filled with great guides on Anchor Babies, just like this forum helps us! i also suspect that the wealthy from Russia (those who can speak English and plan an emigration) have networked with people who have already done it, so it's probably fairly easy to replicate. many people have told me that it would be much easier to just be a parent to a kid born in Argentina :p
Yes the Russians are all helping one another out. Sounds like they have the system down very well and networked. Even people that aren't having anchor babies. I see more and more Russians all the time and they seem to be assimilating very quickly into society here. I am amazed how quickly they can pick up Spanish. There is a girl in my building that moved to BA just a few months ago not speaking any Spanish at all and in a few months she speaks better than me. :ROFLMAO:

I read so much about Venezuelan gangs in Colorado and other places.
Argentine people overall have no clue how bad the USA and EU are getting. i try explaining a lot, and no one has ever been aware of these things. there's a reason i moved out of the USA, even though i had a good job and a house and a nice truck. decline is still decline, and Trump/Harris showed us last night in the staged 'debate' that either way we are screwed with more wars and more welfare.

I am not sure if this latest batch of millions of immigrants to the USA are illegal
there are 2 groups - batches being purposefully placed in towns/cities (like NYC), and the very-much-illegal flood of millions over the border:

1. 2. https://x.com/_BlakeHabyan/status/1765188222655627707
3. https://x.com/polishprincessh/status/1832772587098669280
4. https://x.com/ProudElephantUS/status/1833581900956582318
5. https://x.com/AgueroForTexas/status/1831962671517929919
6. https://x.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1833899026866962464

several Argentineans that have gotten rejected for a tourist visa to the US.
@Betsy Ross i think it's REALLY common in Buenos Aires, and that long line they make them wait in, with no water and no bathrooms, in the sun, for hours, then search them like terrorists, all for a chance to get a visa, is horrible. we could use more Argies and less of the Chinese/etc. military-age males illegally crossing the US southern border!

@Betsy Ross i think it's REALLY common in Buenos Aires, and that long line they make them wait in, with no water and no bathrooms, in the sun, for hours, then search them like terrorists, all for a chance to get a visa, is horrible. we could use more Argies and less of the Chinese/etc. military-age males illegally crossing the US southern border!
Yes I also met Porteño friends that have gotten rejected for a visa to just visit as a tourist. Seems ridiculous when you see all the illegals they are allowing to enter the US and also paying food and housing for. Nothing makes sense now.

Very true what you posted @StatusNomadicus. I have friends that live in Denver and they said it has totally changed there. I don't know what is going on with this country. It's part of the reason I am looking to move next year.

This is one of the reasons we're doing the paperwork to get my wife's Portuguese citizenship, so we don't have to jump through the hoops to renew her US visa when the time comes. Especially since the presumption is now, "Oh, you're married to a US citizen, you're just going to come and stay" when the reality is more like, "If we didn't have family there, we'd never even think about going to that overpriced third-world hellhole"

This is one of the reasons we're doing the paperwork to get my wife's Portuguese citizenship, so we don't have to jump through the hoops to renew her US visa when the time comes. Especially since the presumption is now, "Oh, you're married to a US citizen, you're just going to come and stay" when the reality is more like, "If we didn't have family there, we'd never even think about going to that overpriced third-world hellhole"
Are Brazilians easily able to get Portuguese citizenship or I assume one of her parents were from there? A few of my friends got a Golden Visa from Portugal a few years ago but I heard they got rid of that program. That would be a fabulous passport to have!

Are you referring to the USA when you say overpriced third world hellhole? My daughter lives there and she enjoys it. Do you really think things have deteriorated that bad? I visit every year and always find it very beautiful. Do you believe it has become a hellhole? In what way?

Are you American @Darksider415? If so, can't your wife just get a US passport? I don't know that process at all but a few of my friends married women from Brazil and they all got greencards and then eventually passports. Is it difficult to get a greencard? I would have thought that would be very easy. Didn't know they needed to renew visas to visit the US.

I don't have any issues with the States except that the cost of living has gotten kind of crazy the past few years. Definitely overpriced but I would disagree about it being third-world.

It makes NO sense that the USA Embassy in Buenos Aires is so strict on Argentines that want to visit the USA for vacation. I have several friends that have gotten rejected for a tourist visa to visit the States. This makes ZERO sense to me considering all of the illegals they are allowing to enter the US right now.

A female friend that has a steady job but no significant savings was rejected on the basis they think she would be a risk to stay there. I didn't know how common it was to get rejected but in reading some of these posts it sounds like it is more common than I thought.

Are Brazilians easily able to get Portuguese citizenship or I assume one of her parents were from there? A few of my friends got a Golden Visa from Portugal a few years ago but I heard they got rid of that program. That would be a fabulous passport to have!
She's Portuguese by descent. Her grandmother is Portuguese, which means she's eligible.

Are you referring to the USA when you say overpriced third world hellhole? My daughter lives there and she enjoys it. Do you really think things have deteriorated that bad? I visit every year and always find it very beautiful. Do you believe it has become a hellhole? In what way?
I absolutely am referring to the US. Depending on where you are, it can be very nice in _certain_ areas, but if you've ever spent time outside the touristy bits in recent years... Ooof. I spent years in SoCal, SF, Kansas City and Nashville, and they're well on their way to repeating Argentina's mistakes, but without Argentina's society. Add in the way the cities are definitely going downhill, the crime and well... You get the picture. I feel safer in Rio de Janeiro than I do in parts of the US.

Are you American @Darksider415? If so, can't your wife just get a US passport? I don't know that process at all but a few of my friends married women from Brazil and they all got greencards and then eventually passports. Is it difficult to get a greencard? I would have thought that would be very easy. Didn't know they needed to renew visas to visit the US.

I don't have any issues with the States except that the cost of living has gotten kind of crazy the past few years. Definitely overpriced but I would disagree about it being third-world.
I am an American, but in order to get a green card, we'd have to live in the US, and in order for her to get US citizenship... We'd have to live in the US for far longer than either of us would want to, according to the rules.

Meanwhile, she's Portuguese by descent, which means visa-free to the US + the right to live+work in the EU, and I become eligible through marriage in two years.

She's Portuguese by descent. Her grandmother is Portuguese, which means she's eligible.

I absolutely am referring to the US. Depending on where you are, it can be very nice in _certain_ areas, but if you've ever spent time outside the touristy bits in recent years... Ooof. I spent years in SoCal, SF, Kansas City and Nashville, and they're well on their way to repeating Argentina's mistakes, but without Argentina's society. Add in the way the cities are definitely going downhill, the crime and well... You get the picture. I feel safer in Rio de Janeiro than I do in parts of the US.

I am an American, but in order to get a green card, we'd have to live in the US, and in order for her to get US citizenship... We'd have to live in the US for far longer than either of us would want to, according to the rules.

Meanwhile, she's Portuguese by descent, which means visa-free to the US + the right to live+work in the EU, and I become eligible through marriage in two years.
That's awesome about her being eligible for a Portuguese passport. Very valuable. I regret not doing the Golden Visa there in Portugual when it was easier. Several clients did that and ended up getting Passports there and several will retire in there.

Crime has definitely gone up in the USA in some cities. But I've found in many cities unless you're in the downtown area you don't have to deal with it as bad. For example, here in San Diego, outside of the downtown area really it's not bad at all. I avoid the downtown area unless I'm going to a baseball game or something. But in the area I live it's as peaceful as ever but I agree with all of you about the cost of living getting ridiculous. Southern California has to be one of the best spots in terms of how beautiful it is and the weather but one of the worst areas for taxes.

@Darksider415, couldn't you just apply for her Greencard and say you're moving to the USA and then get her greencard and just say you changed your mind and moved outside of the USA again? I got married in Buenos Aires and you're right we had to wait to apply for my wife's greencard until we were moving back to the USA. But it was a simple simple process. I just went for an interview to the USA Embassy in Buenos Aires and we got it fairly quickly. I can't remember how long it was valid but I think around 5 years and then she just got her USA passport. But I wonder what would have happened if we moved back outside of the USA after getting the green card.

Agree with you that the EU passport is the way to go if she can get it.

It makes NO sense that the USA Embassy in Buenos Aires is so strict on Argentines that want to visit the USA for vacation. I have several friends that have gotten rejected for a tourist visa to visit the States. This makes ZERO sense to me considering all of the illegals they are allowing to enter the US right now.

A female friend that has a steady job but no significant savings was rejected on the basis they think she would be a risk to stay there. I didn't know how common it was to get rejected but in reading some of these posts it sounds like it is more common than I thought.
I don't understand why the United States Embassy rejects so many from Argentina for a tourist visa. I also know people that were rejected. On the news we see all the illegals they are allowing into the country.

Same thing happening in Italy and other places in EU where they reject people while letting in migrants from other poor nations.

Same thing happening in Italy and other places in EU where they reject people while letting in migrants from other poor nations.

This is part of why we're pushing to get my wife's taken care of while her grandmother is still alive. It's harder to say no to someone who meets the requirements, when their Portuguese ancestor is literally living in Lisbon right now.

This is part of why we're pushing to get my wife's taken care of while her grandmother is still alive. It's harder to say no to someone who meets the requirements, when their Portuguese ancestor is literally living in Lisbon right now.
This is a VERY smart move to do it sooner rather than later and while a grandparent is still alive. I am still shocked that people are getting rejected while they are letting in so many migrants. Nothing makes sense anymore.

part of the reason I am looking to move next year.
either way if Uniparty Trump or Harris win, things will get worse and WW3 will get closer :/ please message or post (tag me) if you need help once you're on the way here, or planning something, or already here. happy to assist if i can

Do you really think things have deteriorated that bad? I visit every year and always find it very beautiful
dude have you not clicked on a single post of mine in the past months?

Definitely overpriced but I would disagree about it being third-world.

just takes time to get worse. these things were unimaginable a decade ago.

just like Argies have no clue how hard it is to get legal residency here for non-MerCoSur, USA folks have no clue how bad the federal gov't screws-over the good people of the world, and lets in the islamists and criminals. i haven't met a lot of people in Argentina who have had good things to say about the visa process to the USA :/

I feel safer in Rio de Janeiro than I do in parts of the US.
i left Arizona for the same reason. i was in Tampa last year and there were some SHADY areas with a bunch of thugs drinking mid-day. Minneapolis has police no-go zones. the USA is in decline, whether we want to accept it or not. over-medication, psych issues, drugs, and overall a divided culture...no bueno

just watch any video of Seattle, Portland, etc. - lots of issues in the USA

either way if Uniparty Trump or Harris win, things will get worse and WW3 will get closer :/ please message or post (tag me) if you need help once you're on the way here, or planning something, or already here. happy to assist if i can

dude have you not clicked on a single post of mine in the past months?

just takes time to get worse. these things were unimaginable a decade ago.

just like Argies have no clue how hard it is to get legal residency here for non-MerCoSur, USA folks have no clue how bad the federal gov't screws-over the good people of the world, and lets in the islamists and criminals. i haven't met a lot of people in Argentina who have had good things to say about the visa process to the USA :/

i left Arizona for the same reason. i was in Tampa last year and there were some SHADY areas with a bunch of thugs drinking mid-day. Minneapolis has police no-go zones. the USA is in decline, whether we want to accept it or not. over-medication, psych issues, drugs, and overall a divided culture...no bueno

just watch any video of Seattle, Portland, etc. - lots of issues in the USA

Totally true the USA is in decline. I don't think any reasonable person can disagree with that. Same thing goes for much of Europe. Seems like both have the same agenda. It will probably get to the breaking point.

Totally true the USA is in decline. I don't think any reasonable person can disagree with that. Same thing goes for much of Europe. Seems like both have the same agenda. It will probably get to the breaking point.
Try going to cities like Portland or San Francisco downtown. I'm from Portland and parts of it have turned into a hellhole. Same with parts of Seattle. Not saying it is third world but as the saying goes, if you let in all of the third world, don't expect it not to turn into a third world nation!

Try going to cities like Portland or San Francisco downtown. I'm from Portland and parts of it have turned into a hellhole. Same with parts of Seattle. Not saying it is third world but as the saying goes, if you let in all of the third world, don't expect it not to turn into a third world nation!
NYC is the same way. It's a sanctuary city and overrun with immigrants from all over. Too many for the city to handle. They have literally closed down a lot of hotels and turned the entire thing into migrants and I heard these places were getting about $300 per day per room. Absolutely crazy.

i think most Expats are very unique in being more self-aware of their birth country's deficiencies, so i'm probably preaching to the choir, but for newcomers like i was when i started looking elsewhere many years ago, here are some transformative ways to read about why we don't have to be stuck where we were born:

1. Centers of Progress by Chelsea Follett of HumanProgress - amazing articles about the history, sociology, economics, etc. of various cities throughout history that had permissive laws and culture to allow for human flourishing. if you want to get smarter this week, read 5 of them each day (total of 40, and a book you can buy). amazing way of viewing human flourishing as happening in distinct places, at different time periods (Baghdad under Saddam Hussein, versus Baghdad hundreds of years ago), showing how sometimes moving to a better place can allow you to be part of your century's flourishing. https://humanprogress.org/projects/centers-of-progress/

2. James Hickman of Schiff Sovereign (formerly Sovereign Man, used to be written by James under his pseudonym "Simon Black") - articles by James are written with historical comparisons and parallels, with the overall argument that having a Plan B for your family is key...just like you diversify investments, you can diversify your passports and protections. he writes very well, owns huge land in Chile, has traveled to more countries than i could name, and is a philanthropist to your entrepreneurs. he saw the corruption of the Iraq Invasion firsthand as an Army Intelligence officer who knew there were no WMDs when Colin Powell was lying about it to the world. here's a sample: "Back in 2009 when I started Sovereign Man, I spoke a lot about ideas that were highly controversial at the time. I suggested that Social Security’s trust funds would run out of money. That the US government would eventually be buried by its gargantuan national debt. That the US dollar would eventually lose its international reserve dominance. That inflation and social conflict would rise. The main thesis, quite simply, was that the US was in decline" (i get his email newsletters and have never regretted reading one of them). https://www.schiffsovereign.com/tre...ly-weve-now-reached-the-suddenly-part-146899/

3. International Man, brainchild of Doug Casey (who Sovereign Man drew a lot of inspiration, i suspect) - here's a guest essay segment: "The US has reached the classic stage when it has become a reckless bully, and its support structure of allies has begun to de-couple as a result. At the same time that allies begin to pull back and make other plans for their future, those citizens within the empire who tend to be the creators of prosperity also begin to seek greener pastures. History has seen this happen countless times. The 'brain drain' occurs, in which the best and most productive begin to look elsewhere for their future. Just as the most productive Europeans crossed the Pond to colonise the US when it was a new, promising country, their present-day counterparts have begun moving offshore. The US is presently in a state of suspended animation. It still appears to be a major force, but its buttresses are quietly disappearing. At some point in the near future, it’s likely that the US government will overplay its hand and aggress against a foe that either is stronger or has alliances that, collectively, make it stronger. The US will be entering into warfare at a time when it’s broke, and this will become apparent suddenly and dramatically. The final decline will occur with alarming speed. When this happens, the majority of Americans will hope in vain for a reverse of events. They’ll be inclined to hope that, if they collectively say, 'Whoops, we goofed,' the world will be forgiving, returning them to their former glory. But historically, this never occurs. Empires fall with alarming speed, because the support systems that made them possible have decamped and have become reinvigorated elsewhere. Rather than mourn the loss of empire that’s on the horizon, we’d be better served if we focus instead on those parts of the world that are likely to benefit from this inevitability." https://internationalman.com/articles/falling-from-grace/ (also anything by Doug Casey is amazing, like https://internationalman.com/articles/decline-of-empire-parallels-between-the-us-and-rome-part-iv/)

4. Nomad Capitalist - though i disagree with the main guy Andrew on some minor things, the overall message is "go where you're treated best." we don't need to feel trapped where our birth certificate says...and don't feel guilty about family pressuring you, feeling that you're abandoning your country, etc. (sometimes you just need to do what's best for your family and have a backup plan). we have the internet now, so we can avoid the tragedies of the past. as a cliched example, if you felt stuck in Rome in the 300s-400s CE period, you would have put yourself smack-dab in the middle of the chaos, whereas if you moved before the collapse to somewhere like Constantinople, you may have saved your family from unnecessary suffering. and sure, the move was a pain the ass, but today we have MUCH more ease of communication and movement. if you found Constantinople to be in decline in the 1300s-1400s CE, then you could move to somewhere else that has some sort of "Pax Romana" equivalent of prosperity (see Centers of Progress for where). here's an FAQ about their "Flag Theory" https://nomadcapitalist.com/flag-theory/ (and for those skeptical of why a 2nd passport is a good idea, https://nomadcapitalist.com/?s=plan+b)

i think most Expats are very unique in being more self-aware of their birth country's deficiencies, so i'm probably preaching to the choir, but for newcomers like i was when i started looking elsewhere many years ago, here are some transformative ways to read about why we don't have to be stuck where we were born:

1. Centers of Progress by Chelsea Follett of HumanProgress - amazing articles about the history, sociology, economics, etc. of various cities throughout history that had permissive laws and culture to allow for human flourishing. if you want to get smarter this week, read 5 of them each day (total of 40, and a book you can buy). amazing way of viewing human flourishing as happening in distinct places, at different time periods (Baghdad under Saddam Hussein, versus Baghdad hundreds of years ago), showing how sometimes moving to a better place can allow you to be part of your century's flourishing. https://humanprogress.org/projects/centers-of-progress/

2. James Hickman of Schiff Sovereign (formerly Sovereign Man, used to be written by James under his pseudonym "Simon Black") - articles by James are written with historical comparisons and parallels, with the overall argument that having a Plan B for your family is key...just like you diversify investments, you can diversify your passports and protections. he writes very well, owns huge land in Chile, has traveled to more countries than i could name, and is a philanthropist to your entrepreneurs. he saw the corruption of the Iraq Invasion firsthand as an Army Intelligence officer who knew there were no WMDs when Colin Powell was lying about it to the world. here's a sample: "Back in 2009 when I started Sovereign Man, I spoke a lot about ideas that were highly controversial at the time. I suggested that Social Security’s trust funds would run out of money. That the US government would eventually be buried by its gargantuan national debt. That the US dollar would eventually lose its international reserve dominance. That inflation and social conflict would rise. The main thesis, quite simply, was that the US was in decline" (i get his email newsletters and have never regretted reading one of them). https://www.schiffsovereign.com/tre...ly-weve-now-reached-the-suddenly-part-146899/

3. International Man, brainchild of Doug Casey (who Sovereign Man drew a lot of inspiration, i suspect) - here's a guest essay segment: "The US has reached the classic stage when it has become a reckless bully, and its support structure of allies has begun to de-couple as a result. At the same time that allies begin to pull back and make other plans for their future, those citizens within the empire who tend to be the creators of prosperity also begin to seek greener pastures. History has seen this happen countless times. The 'brain drain' occurs, in which the best and most productive begin to look elsewhere for their future. Just as the most productive Europeans crossed the Pond to colonise the US when it was a new, promising country, their present-day counterparts have begun moving offshore. The US is presently in a state of suspended animation. It still appears to be a major force, but its buttresses are quietly disappearing. At some point in the near future, it’s likely that the US government will overplay its hand and aggress against a foe that either is stronger or has alliances that, collectively, make it stronger. The US will be entering into warfare at a time when it’s broke, and this will become apparent suddenly and dramatically. The final decline will occur with alarming speed. When this happens, the majority of Americans will hope in vain for a reverse of events. They’ll be inclined to hope that, if they collectively say, 'Whoops, we goofed,' the world will be forgiving, returning them to their former glory. But historically, this never occurs. Empires fall with alarming speed, because the support systems that made them possible have decamped and have become reinvigorated elsewhere. Rather than mourn the loss of empire that’s on the horizon, we’d be better served if we focus instead on those parts of the world that are likely to benefit from this inevitability." https://internationalman.com/articles/falling-from-grace/ (also anything by Doug Casey is amazing, like https://internationalman.com/articles/decline-of-empire-parallels-between-the-us-and-rome-part-iv/)

4. Nomad Capitalist - though i disagree with the main guy Andrew on some minor things, the overall message is "go where you're treated best." we don't need to feel trapped where our birth certificate says...and don't feel guilty about family pressuring you, feeling that you're abandoning your country, etc. (sometimes you just need to do what's best for your family and have a backup plan). we have the internet now, so we can avoid the tragedies of the past. as a cliched example, if you felt stuck in Rome in the 300s-400s CE period, you would have put yourself smack-dab in the middle of the chaos, whereas if you moved before the collapse to somewhere like Constantinople, you may have saved your family from unnecessary suffering. and sure, the move was a pain the ass, but today we have MUCH more ease of communication and movement. if you found Constantinople to be in decline in the 1300s-1400s CE, then you could move to somewhere else that has some sort of "Pax Romana" equivalent of prosperity (see Centers of Progress for where). here's an FAQ about their "Flag Theory" https://nomadcapitalist.com/flag-theory/ (and for those skeptical of why a 2nd passport is a good idea, https://nomadcapitalist.com/?s=plan+b)
Thanks for the links. Will check them out. Things are constantly changing at an alarming rate. Before I didn't notice it as much because I mostly watched the mainstream media but now you can see how bad things are getting all over the world. Maybe I will go ahead and get my Argentina passport.

Back