Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Extension renewal experience. A warning.

no prices shown at any store means i won't buy anything - too many places to shop in a big city to support those wankers who can't be bothered (prices haven't changed much in the past few months, no excuse to not label things now)

ah good, another dumbass commie to add to my Mute list. go f*ck yourself and your victimhood-marxist-bullshit worldview. feel free to never come back to this forum - no one likes you, and you add nothing but stupidity @BikeEnthusiast - hopefully you get scammed the rest of your life by other racists and fake "victims"

sorry the price went up, real or not, it was the accurate online price when i extended around Feb2024 in CABA. if you end up wanting to get Residency or Citizenship down the road, i'm not on this forum as much anymore, but i'll be your point-of-contact in Mendoza (not sure if anyone else here is in Mendoza Province - most are in BsAs)

Haha man I don't know if you really blocked me but I agree with you totally on one point if street or small shop sellers aren't displaying a price I will just totally ignore them. Don't know if you will ever read this or not

Haha man I don't know if you really blocked me but I agree with you totally on one point if street or small shop sellers aren't displaying a price I will just totally ignore them. Don't know if you will ever read this or not
Unfortunately, many places selling fruit and vegetables don't list prices. They probably never will but I hope this changes but many of these places are always sizing people up and charging different prices as they see fit.

I am against anyone hustling or cheating people in any way here in Argentina.

Unfortunately, many places selling fruit and vegetables don't list prices. They probably never will but I hope this changes but many of these places are always sizing people up and charging different prices as they see fit.

I am against anyone hustling or cheating people in any way here in Argentina.
Yes too much of this happens to avoid these types of places in some neighborhoods. The key is to establish some type of trust and relationship with the vendor so they are always charging you reasonable prices.

tons of people that just do border runs without problems. Some going on 2 decades there like that.
i've read more and more experiences on these forums that say the old ways are slowly ending, so everyone needs to decide their own risk threshold and plan accordingly with a contingency plan if they get denied re-entry in Uruguay or wherever. here are some links you can read other people write about their issues. and though many will disagree with me, it's obviously illegal to overstay your 90-day Tourist Visa; otherwise, there would be no date or need to pay to extend it another 90 days. whether it's a small-fine offense or a 'black mark' on your immigration record, no one knows, but i have a dog and i want citizenship, so i would NEVER overstay or do border runs unless all of my rentier residency or university or work possibilities failed completely...and then i would end up paying a lawyer 2-6k USD to stay legally. lots of reading below:

Mate can you please help me
who are you talking to?

yes i for sure clicked "Ignore" on you - why would i expose myself to childish Marxist claims where the world is framed as a false dialectical between Avatar innocent 'noble savages' fighting for survival, against the evil colonizing foreigners that are operating in a zero-sum mindset where they loot and plunder without any humanity or regard for the populace? they say you become an average of the people you surround yourself with - in this case, i don't want to become dumber by seeing your posts. every now and then i'll un-hide the Peronists/dumbasses to reassess

but really, are you talking to Mate the tea, asking for help, or are you a Commonwealth dude that accidentally posted a reply instead of a direct message? someone else can help you here - i'm still dumbfounded by how stupid of a life outlook you have. holy sh*t, have you ever read your own writing out loud and thought about how society would look, if most people operated on your machiavellian 'principles'? i would HATE to live anwhere near you, or associate with you. what a disgusting life outlook that could only make sense in some sort of medieval templars-versus-jihadists idiotic waste of life

i've read more and more experiences on these forums that say the old ways are slowly ending, so everyone needs to decide their own risk threshold and plan accordingly with a contingency plan if they get denied re-entry in Uruguay or wherever. here are some links you can read other people write about their issues. and though many will disagree with me, it's obviously illegal to overstay your 90-day Tourist Visa; otherwise, there would be no date or need to pay to extend it another 90 days. whether it's a small-fine offense or a 'black mark' on your immigration record, no one knows, but i have a dog and i want citizenship, so i would NEVER overstay or do border runs unless all of my rentier residency or university or work possibilities failed completely...and then i would end up paying a lawyer 2-6k USD to stay legally. lots of reading below:

who are you talking to?

yes i for sure clicked "Ignore" on you - why would i expose myself to childish Marxist claims where the world is framed as a false dialectical between Avatar innocent 'noble savages' fighting for survival, against the evil colonizing foreigners that are operating in a zero-sum mindset where they loot and plunder without any humanity or regard for the populace? they say you become an average of the people you surround yourself with - in this case, i don't want to become dumber by seeing your posts. every now and then i'll un-hide the Peronists/dumbasses to reassess

but really, are you talking to Mate the tea, asking for help, or are you a Commonwealth dude that accidentally posted a reply instead of a direct message? someone else can help you here - i'm still dumbfounded by how stupid of a life outlook you have. holy sh*t, have you ever read your own writing out loud and thought about how society would look, if most people operated on your machiavellian 'principles'? i would HATE to live anwhere near you, or associate with you. what a disgusting life outlook that could only make sense in some sort of medieval templars-versus-jihadists idiotic waste of life
I think if someone is trying to possibly get citizenship one day then more care should be taken. But for the typical expat that is coming or going I still haven't had friends that have been here forever have any issues at all. Many people don't want permanent residency here or citizenship for tax reasons. @StatusNomadicus makes a good point about not knowing if things will change with this new administration but so far nothing I have seen or heard from many friends that have either overstayed or just travel around on back and forth travel (border runs) have had problems. But none of these people necessarily want citizenship here.

who are you talking to?
I just assumed he typed that by mistake but maybe not. In another post he said he was drunk the other night so could be it.

I think if someone is trying to possibly get citizenship one day then more care should be taken. But for the typical expat that is coming or going I still haven't had friends that have been here forever have any issues at all. Many people don't want permanent residency here or citizenship for tax reasons. @StatusNomadicus makes a good point about not knowing if things will change with this new administration but so far nothing I have seen or heard from many friends that have either overstayed or just travel around on back and forth travel (border runs) have had problems. But none of these people necessarily want citizenship here.
Yes Vince there seem like a lot of expats here that have been living here for years and years. My father talked to an accountant who said you might not want permanent residency in Argentina for tax reasons due to their asset tax. So that makes sense why many people don't want permanent residency there if they own assets in other countries.

re: the comment about the overstay, it's now 40k for the overstay, so 20k for the prorroga isn't bad at all.

As for why you got two different numbers, it depends on the category of your transitory residence. One category is 40k while the other categories are 20k, so I don't think it's an attempted scam as much as a "IDK which"Captura de Tela 2024-08-03 às 4.27.09 PM.png

And Ley 25.871 Art. 24, for context. Captura de Tela 2024-08-03 às 4.29.31 PM.png

re: the comment about the overstay, it's now 40k for the overstay, so 20k for the prorroga isn't bad at all.

As for why you got two different numbers, it depends on the category of your transitory residence. One category is 40k while the other categories are 20k, so I don't think it's an attempted scam as much as a "IDK which"View attachment 6800

And Ley 25.871 Art. 24, for context. View attachment 6801
Thanks for posting @Darksider415. I was wondering about that. It sounded too blatant to me. Especially if they give a receipt I can't really see any way the person will pocket the funds. It would be different if they didn't give a receipt.

As for why you got two different numbers, it depends on the category of your transitory residence. One category is 40k while the other categories are 20k, so I don't think it's an attempted scam as much as a "IDK which"View attachment 6800

Strange they charge different prices but that explains it. A good lesson not to assume the worst or that someone is purposely trying to cheat you. Many times in Argentina it may be simple ignorance.

Thanks for sharing, where can I find this information online? When I searched it still had the old pricing. Thanks

Back