Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

I told you that Milei wouldn't make progress. Inflation is worse than ever since he took office.

Congress rejected his thirst for more executive powers - which was essential for his plan. But he is crying like a little school kid and now shelving his bill and singling out those that voted against him. He singles out the 61 people that caused his bill to fail. 2 months in and he has accomplished nothing and made things worse for the people of Argentina.

He and his team are horrible.

I told you that Milei wouldn't make progress. Inflation is worse than ever since he took office.

Congress rejected his thirst for more executive powers - which was essential for his plan. But he is crying like a little school kid and now shelving his bill and singling out those that voted against him. He singles out the 61 people that caused his bill to fail. 2 months in and he has accomplished nothing and made things worse for the people of Argentina.

He and his team are horrible.

I totally agree with you. Back to square 1.

“This is an important political setback for the administration,” said Mauro Roca, a managing director at TCW Group. “First, this law was its most important policy effort. Second, and more important, the decisive political defeat suffered by the government in Congress attest to its weak governability and lack of political ability.”

I totally agree with you. Back to square 1.

“This is an important political setback for the administration,” said Mauro Roca, a managing director at TCW Group. “First, this law was its most important policy effort. Second, and more important, the decisive political defeat suffered by the government in Congress attest to its weak governability and lack of political ability.”

Maybe instead of worrying about Israel he should come back to Argentina and focus on Argentina's misery. Misplaced priorities.

I am sad for Argentina with how poor of a President Milei is. At least the international community is also posting objectively how poorly he is also doing and his childish behavior.

It certainly doesn't seem like these DNU's are going anywhere in the near term. :(

It certainly doesn't seem like these DNU's are going anywhere in the near term. :(

No they are not. Milei supporters can try to argue but when all of this blows up, people will blame him. Both sides throwing hand grenades at one another. And it is the lower class that will suffer. I don't see a way that people don't force him out of office before his term officially ends. Milei should be in Argentina dealing with this country's problems instead of off to Israel.

The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) and the Office of the Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Expression (SRFOE) stated they were “deeply concerned” by Argentina’s security forces’ handling of the street protests that took place during the omnibus session last week.

Also, talk about misplaced focus! Trying to change the laws of a females right to choose. This administration is crazy.

It sounds like both sides are digging in. The change Milei had hoped for doesn't sound like it will be quick or easy. It makes me nervous waiting to see if Milei's grand plans will ever work out or he will be considered crazy that makes Argentines suffer worse as @Avocado is claiming.

It sounds like both sides are digging in. The change Milei had hoped for doesn't sound like it will be quick or easy. It makes me nervous waiting to see if Milei's grand plans will ever work out or he will be considered crazy that makes Argentines suffer worse as @Avocado is claiming.
You can't blame Milei if they won't at least let him attempt his changes. If his changes failed then you could blame him but if they won't give him a chance to make changes and see if it works then I agree this will go down in flames but the other sides will be to blame for it. He still is far better than if Massa got elected. We would already be in hyper-inflation.

This was a fantastic read. Others have shared so many great and helpful articles I thought I would also share. I think this is one of the best things about this forum. I am learning everyday.

Maybe instead of worrying about Israel he should come back to Argentina and focus on Argentina's misery. Misplaced priorities.
I can AGREE with you on this issue @Larry. There are serious issues and problems in Argentina. The last thing President Milei needs to worry about now is Israel and visiting the Pope. There are real issues in Argentina and these things are a distraction for him.

I can AGREE with you on this issue @Larry. There are serious issues and problems in Argentina. The last thing President Milei needs to worry about now is Israel and visiting the Pope. There are real issues in Argentina and these things are a distraction for him.
What the hell is Milei doing with the Pope. Milei called him a "filthy leftist" and the "devil's man on Earth" during his campaign. The one thing we all can agree on is "God Bless ALL Argentines". With Milei as President we all need to pray to God.

What the hell is Milei doing with the Pope. Milei called him a "filthy leftist" and the "devil's man on Earth" during his campaign. The one thing we all can agree on is "God Bless ALL Argentines". With Milei as President we all need to pray to God.

Regardless of his trip. The guy flies commercial and people that voted for him still seem to love him. If only people would give him his chance to try to fix the country. Then if he fails they can blame him. But you can't blame him if you won't let him try his ideas and plans.

I love all of these people that pretend like you can wave a magic wand and just dollarize the Argentine economy! It is kind of funny to read this stuff.

Back