Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

I thought NO HAY PLATA! But Milei is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars flying around on all these ego trips outside of Argentina. NO HAY PLATA for this.

I thought NO HAY PLATA! But Milei is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars flying around on all these ego trips outside of Argentina. NO HAY PLATA for this.

I agree with you @Avocado. People are starving. Over 100,000 jobs were cut and 10,000 more each month are losing their jobs. Read this article and it's one of many stories. Going to turn into a depression.

I agree with you @Avocado. People are starving. Over 100,000 jobs were cut and 10,000 more each month are losing their jobs. Read this article and it's one of many stories. Going to turn into a depression.

These people in his administration and his sister Karina are crazy! Now they are trying to get the World Cup in Argentina for 2030. Are they crazy???

President Milei's show tonight was off the charts.

Some great videos in this thread:

President Milei's show tonight was off the charts.

Some great videos in this thread:

My assistant went to it tonight and said it was electrifying. He is convinced this has become a movement. While standing in line for hours he said many people in line were former Massa supporters that admitted they were wrong. Some still on the fence but wanted to be a part of it as they said they feel like history is being made.

What a disgrace to have plagiarised his new book from members of Conicet, an organization he want to shut down.

More and more workers losing their jobs everyday. This is a big issue. I think social unrest is what will ultimately be Milei's issue later this year. Hope can only go so far. People still have to eat. Over 100,000 construction workers have lost their jobs since Milei took over. Soon we will be at Covid type levels with activity. Think about it!

Sad so many are losing jobs. Maybe Milei can put all of these people to work building new prisons. From the sounds of all the corruption, they will need new jails to house all of these politicians!

Here is a good interview. Milei fans can see some of the outlandish ideas Milei has including possibly introducing a draft for military service. I'm sure many of the younger that support him have no idea about this!

Thanks for flagging this up @Avocado - drafting young people into the military is not a good idea no matter where you live. There is also a tremendous mistrust of the armed forces in Argentina which makes this idea totally crazy.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks for flagging this up @Avocado - drafting young people into the military is not a good idea no matter where you live. There is also a tremendous mistrust of the armed forces in Argentina which makes this idea totally crazy.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You welcome my friend. I think it big mistake if they do draft. I don't think people will support it. Maybe young will see this and change their mind about Milei.

This doesn't seem like the time for a party like Milei had. Seems like people still love him or hate him. Reading some of the press is a bit cringeworthy to me.

Some scary quotes in this article that remind people just how bad things still are no matter if Milei is in ecstasy with himself.

This doesn't seem like the time for a party like Milei had.

It was a book presentation, not a party. And the "rock concert" lasted ten minutes. He sang ONE song, as he's done many times, the only difference: this time around he had three politicians playing instruments behind him. He used most of the time to inform and educate his audience and those who paid attention left understanding why he is working so hard to free capital from the control of the state.

Those who keep making a big deal of this are the ones who don't understand the way the world works now and, of course, the bleeding hearts.

It was a book presentation, not a party. And the "rock concert" lasted ten minutes. He sang ONE song, as he's done many times, the only difference: this time around he had three politicians playing instruments behind him. He used most of the time to inform and educate his audience and those who paid attention left understanding why he is working so hard to free capital from the control of the state.

Those who keep making a big deal of this are the ones who don't understand the way the world works now and, of course, the bleeding hearts.
That didn't look like any book presentation I have ever seen. The guy is drunk with power and in love with himself. A true narcissist.

Are you all crazy. Listen to Milei. Do you actually listen to some of the things he says? He is a crazy narcissist.

The President faces the temptation of reclining into his comfort zone of political seclusion, his natural posture. Recent public lines point to an ego-trip period of isolationism. Only just this week, we’ve had: “I am the greatest representative of liberty in the world”; “I am in a different league. Local politicians are Lilliputians [compared to me]”; “Argentine politicians are insignificant”; “Wherever I go, I generate a sensation… [ politicians] would love to be in my position”; and “I am one of the world's top five leaders… I am the world’s second-most important leader.”

Normal people don't talk like this. He is crazy. He speaks to his dead dogs.

Back