Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Rentista Visa for 2024? What is the minimum income now for retirement visa for Argentina?

I agree with @StatusNomadicus many problems people complain are mostly about choices. From health, to comfort, to conveniences, etc and that they're in most cases an accumulation of choices.

About luxuries and convenience, two things IMO majority of people over indulge in, are two great articles by MrMoneyMustache helped with my way of thinking about them. Boils down to luxury is a drug, much like alcohol and something to experience occasionally and that many issues are problems of details, overly-exaggerated.

I agree with @StatusNomadicus many problems people complain are mostly about choices. From health, to comfort, to conveniences, etc and that they're in most cases an accumulation of choices.

About luxuries and convenience, two things IMO majority of people over indulge in, are two great articles by MrMoneyMustache helped with my way of thinking about them. Boils down to luxury is a drug, much like alcohol and something to experience occasionally and that many issues are problems of details, overly-exaggerated.

This is a great article. Thanks for sharing. I agree with this. I used to buy designer luxury purses and shoes. I used to think there what was important but once I flipped my thinking on what is important, my life greatly improved and simplified.

This is a great article. Thanks for sharing. I agree with this. I used to buy designer luxury purses and shoes. I used to think there what was important but once I flipped my thinking on what is important, my life greatly improved and simplified.
And just like how activities such as exercising or socializing can produce comparable or better results than many drugs without their side-effects, many activities can mimic or surpass the pleasures of luxury such as home cooking for a fine meal or sewing for a well-fitting, custom outfit without their costs.

And just like how activities such as exercising or socializing can produce comparable or better results than many drugs without their side-effects, many activities can mimic or surpass the pleasures of luxury such as home cooking for a fine meal or sewing for a well-fitting, custom outfit without their costs.
Very true. Once I moved out of the United States it was easier for me to get out of the habit of buying so much junk I didn't need. When I lived in the US I would buy the latest iPhone each year and tons of junk I didn't need. Once I moved outside it wasn't as easy to buy stuff and then I just saw how much money I was wasting.

I also used to waste a lot of money going out to eat and now I am just as happy grilling a burger or steak on the grill.

Very true. Once I moved out of the United States it was easier for me to get out of the habit of buying so much junk I didn't need. When I lived in the US I would buy the latest iPhone each year and tons of junk I didn't need. Once I moved outside it wasn't as easy to buy stuff and then I just saw how much money I was wasting.

I also used to waste a lot of money going out to eat and now I am just as happy grilling a burger or steak on the grill.
Same for me. Once I moved to Argentina I stopped buying the latest and greatest. Electronics are easily 2 X or sometimes 3 X the price back home. That quickly got me to stop buying stuff I didn't need. Most of us don't need nearly the amount of things we think we need.

at some point, Expats in BsAs will reject these increasing prices if they are unreasonable, and the market will do what it always does, and fix the problem : ) i haven't heard of anyone leaving Argentina for good this year; if anything, a record number of people are watching closely to see if the December law reductions will make it even more compelling as a place to live. the future looks bright, as Patrick Bet-David says, and we shall see how these next 5 months go around the world
Are many expats really moving down to Argentina right now with this uncertainty with the economy and prices still going up? I have seen that all these Tik Tokers have all but disappeared about posting how Argentina is a good destination compared to last year. Many expats here post about how it has gotten more expensive and complaining online about how expensive a cup of coffee is now. And inflation still is running at almost 100% a year and the dollar doesn't seem to be moving.

So if the economy keeps improving as you say @StatusNomadicus doesn't this just make it even more expensive for you or potential expats to move there?

Yeah, it’s true that Argentina’s economy is shaky, and inflation is pretty crazy, but there are still good reasons why expats are moving there. Sure, prices are going up, but for a lot of people, the lifestyle and culture more than make up for the economic uncertainty.

First off, even though the cost of living is rising, it’s still pretty affordable compared to other countries, especially if you’re earning in dollars or euros. The exchange rate works in favor of digital nomads and expats, making housing, eating out, and services much cheaper than in places like the US or Europe.

Second, Argentina offers a great quality of life. Buenos Aires has an amazing arts scene, delicious food, and friendly people. Even with inflation, you can still live well compared to what you’d get for the same money elsewhere. A lot of expats love the culture and the chance to explore Argentina’s beautiful landscapes.

As for the economy, some expats see it as a temporary issue. The economy might go up and down, but those who love Argentina are willing to deal with the bumps. Plus, the country has introduced things like the Digital Nomad Visa, making it easier for foreigners to move here.

So yeah, even though prices are going up and people are complaining about things like the cost of a cup of coffee, Argentina still offers a great balance of affordability, culture, and lifestyle for a lot of expats.

Yeah, it’s true that Argentina’s economy is shaky, and inflation is pretty crazy, but there are still good reasons why expats are moving there. Sure, prices are going up, but for a lot of people, the lifestyle and culture more than make up for the economic uncertainty.

First off, even though the cost of living is rising, it’s still pretty affordable compared to other countries, especially if you’re earning in dollars or euros. The exchange rate works in favor of digital nomads and expats, making housing, eating out, and services much cheaper than in places like the US or Europe.

Second, Argentina offers a great quality of life. Buenos Aires has an amazing arts scene, delicious food, and friendly people. Even with inflation, you can still live well compared to what you’d get for the same money elsewhere. A lot of expats love the culture and the chance to explore Argentina’s beautiful landscapes.

As for the economy, some expats see it as a temporary issue. The economy might go up and down, but those who love Argentina are willing to deal with the bumps. Plus, the country has introduced things like the Digital Nomad Visa, making it easier for foreigners to move here.

So yeah, even though prices are going up and people are complaining about things like the cost of a cup of coffee, Argentina still offers a great balance of affordability, culture, and lifestyle for a lot of expats.
No doubt Argentina is still a good option for foreigners. Not the screaming bargain compared to last year. Is the digital nomad visa actually being offered? I read a post on X that said Argentina never really offered these or very few expats applied for DN visas due to complex paperwork. I am not sure if that is true or not.

I talked to an expat while I was in BA and he actually said he preferred when the economy was horrible because it makes it much cheaper for expats. The economy improving might help locals but he said for foreigners that have dollar savings or incomes an improving economy is not helpful for them. I can understand that point of view. Seems like the worst the economy is the better for foreigners.

If Argentina gets expensive it is not likely that it will have so much tourism.

No doubt Argentina is still a good option for foreigners. Not the screaming bargain compared to last year. Is the digital nomad visa actually being offered? I read a post on X that said Argentina never really offered these or very few expats applied for DN visas due to complex paperwork. I am not sure if that is true or not.

I talked to an expat while I was in BA and he actually said he preferred when the economy was horrible because it makes it much cheaper for expats. The economy improving might help locals but he said for foreigners that have dollar savings or incomes an improving economy is not helpful for them. I can understand that point of view. Seems like the worst the economy is the better for foreigners.

From what I read before, when Argentina was very expensive and the currency was equal (1 dollar = 1 peso) there was almost no tourism at all in Argentina. It was too expensive.

i'll check these links out, thanks. i've made a lot of money and spent a lot, and it's never fulfilling. i've stayed in 400-dollar-a-night suites in Dubai and bought new nice cars, but i think the USA is a prime example of becoming a "slave" to these types of luxuries...do i need to work until 85 years old so that i can have the newest iPhone and a new car traded-in every 2 years? some people say yes. i've found it more fulfilling to 'live within my means' and a couple of years ago when i decided to become an Expat and leave the USA for good, i realized that instead of working all the time and getting a remote job, i can just reduce my expenses to near-zero. in this, i found some interesting concepts.

cellphone bill of 120 bucks for unlimited data and 40 bucks more for a financed new phone? transition to T-Mobile for $45/month with international texting/data, and then once i have residency in Argentina drop the US phone number completely and my phone expenses will be something like 5,000 Pesos or less than $5 USD :D

paying 1,400 bucks per month for a small place to live in the USA? nah, now i can split $600 total with my girlfriend for a bigger apartment in lovely Mendoza in the trendiest area, with no street dogs and super safe all night/day. i can now live for all my expenses here in Argentina, for 2 people and 1 dog, food and gym and everything, for less than the cost of the last rent i paid in the USA.

just a couple examples of what i find more freeing - spend less, need more, and now i don't have to work as much, and i can pursue more meaningful things. a contrary opinion is Robert Kiyosaki here: https://www.richdad.com/live-below-your-means

what was important
exactly. i'm much more interested now in an Off The Grid type of life, than driving a luxury car and having a $1500 iPhone

buying so much junk I didn't need
we really are programmed to think we need to work 'until retirement' so we have crap that we don't need. for me, seeing $5000 washing machines with WiFi and bluetooth fail, while 40-year-old Maytag old-school washers are still going strong, showed me that i should focus on sustainable instead of the newest and 'best'

waste a lot of money going out
i worked with guys who would make good hourly but spend half of it on the weekends, paying $100 USD a night for crappy drinks and bar food. it never made sense. and when i was making a ton of money overseas some of my co-workers would finance huge houses and cars (that they got to use 2 months a year) and then they got stuck working constantly to pay their bills, while i went around Europe with a backpack and a 6-year-old phone. i found it much more fulfilling to spend my savings on plane tickets and travel experiences, instead of "new stuff" that lost its glitter after a couple months.

Are many expats really moving down to Argentina right now with this uncertainty with the economy and prices still going up?
brooooooo, what uncertainty?? other than peronists and InfoBae, i just don't see it. people in Mendoza are on vacation here every week/end, Cordoba was the same, and Buenos Aires has SO much money. what uncertainty?? the only uncertainty i see in the world is the nuclear WW3 risk in Europe and the USA. and prices are all-time-highs for food, rent, inflation, etc. in the USA and EU - so, what uncertainty in Argentina?? you gotta stop reading/listening to Peronists on commie social media

"the FIRST BUDGET WITH A FISCAL SURPLUS IN DECADES."

Argentina is rejecting endless money-printing (inflation) and national-debt spending on pet projects. and it's working. just wait until the December laws are deleted even more. we are WAYYY early on Argentina. the day it isn't a pain to fly here, immigrate, work, and spend (looking at you, MercadoLibre restrictions), things will boom here

it has gotten more expensive and complaining online about how expensive a cup of coffee is now. And inflation still is running at almost 100% a year and the dollar doesn't seem to be moving.
broseph, you should block anyone who is saying such stupid sh*t. they probably aren't even in Argentina. i've written books here about how prices are basically the same in Dollars. i just bought a 120/170g can of Tuna that was $4-5 USD in CABA when i got here in November. i didn't eat tuna for months. yesterday at Vea/Cencosud it was just under 1,600 Pesos per can. less than the 1,780 Pesos it was at Carrefour the past few months. costs for tuna cans have now gone DOWN over the past 9 months, in Pesos and Dollars. i'm making Tuna Melts again!

you can go on Google Maps and find cafes in your desired area, find the 25% that have online menus with prices, and see for yourself. mendoza has coffee plus croissant deals at many shops right now for 1,500 Pesos - this would be like $1.30 USD or something. so, why are your TikTok people paying Starbucks USA prices? it's a choice, and they are lying to you, or so stupid that they will make us all dumber by reading their posts

So if the economy keeps improving as you say @StatusNomadicus doesn't this just make it even more expensive for you or potential expats to move there?
this is a Zero-Sum Game mindset. i highly recommend listening to the Time Price concept in Economics, as it applies to your question:

basically, as @earlyretirement has said, when Argentina is booming prices in Dollars won't be as good for Expats, sure. and the SteakBros will leave, while the people who are invested here will enjoy the 95% of other benefits that liberty offers. for instance, taxes will go down. cars will be half-priced with less tariffs/import fees. goods you could never buy online will be available on Amazon/MercaoLibre. you'll be able to get Bitcoin and "transferencia" discounts on everyday goods. more restaurants with more variety will open. stores will carry a wider variety of goods, instead the choices between 2 different containers of mayonnaise that are basically the same (did you know it's still impossible to find Olive-Oil-only Mayo 99% of the time? it all has canola/sunflower oil in it, too). there are more metrics than just the Dollar cost of steaks, and i really worry who is giving you all this bad info. this is an unprecedented time, so literally no one knows when/how things will develop. but overall liberty should increase if Argentines keep seeking it.

Not the screaming bargain compared to last year.
dude, not to be rude, but what the f*ck do you know? part of learning is being humble and uncertain, wanting to read and learn, rather than make claims. are you even in Argentina?? how many times do i need to document the cost in Dollars of life in 3 provinces, 9 months in a row? this is a really weird take. as i've challenged others: what specifically, dollar amounts and links, have gone up in price this year?

Argentina is still the screaming deal it was, with even more perks. and we're in a global recession, with a 'puberty' phase of post-Communist government after 70-100 years of destruction. and the Legislative and Judicial branches and Governors are still fighting the de-regulation.

this has been discussed by earlyretirement here and on the old censored forum a ton, but i think the overall thing you're missing is that Argentina (or any other developing country) isn't this false dialectical between 'cheap in Dollars for SteakBros' and 'better life for Locals in Pesos' - both can be true!

Buenos Aires is chock full of digital nomads and it will get even busier once Milei wins. You're going to see more and more foreigners in BA. For better or worse, it's coming and prices are all going to go up. So enjoy the cheap rates for things while it lasts.
prices in Dollars might go up overall, but annoying things will decreased, variety will explode, and more competition means you can get deals rather than be forced to buy a limited variety :)

@Uncle Wong i highly recommend you take this class on Peterson Academy. https://petersonacademy.com/courses/the-economics-of-human-flourishing

it doesn't have to be a Zero-Sum scenario where Expats lose when Locals 'win' - i reject the premise.

Argentina has never had full de-regulation, so in the past with the times mentioned by @Blockchain and @Vero there were still HUGE barriers to economic entry, trade restriction, nepotism, and overall just not the Libertarian ideals that the current government is trying to Afuera. there are too many variables to compare slightly higher Dollar prices in the future, when SO many more good/services/opportunities will be available. imagine if cars and imported goods cost half the Dollars in December, for instance...would that be factored-into the slightly-higher potential prices for restaurants and Ubers in the future?

i'll check these links out, thanks. i've made a lot of money and spent a lot, and it's never fulfilling. i've stayed in 400-dollar-a-night suites in Dubai and bought new nice cars, but i think the USA is a prime example of becoming a "slave" to these types of luxuries...do i need to work until 85 years old so that i can have the newest iPhone and a new car traded-in every 2 years? some people say yes. i've found it more fulfilling to 'live within my means' and a couple of years ago when i decided to become an Expat and leave the USA for good, i realized that instead of working all the time and getting a remote job, i can just reduce my expenses to near-zero. in this, i found some interesting concepts.

cellphone bill of 120 bucks for unlimited data and 40 bucks more for a financed new phone? transition to T-Mobile for $45/month with international texting/data, and then once i have residency in Argentina drop the US phone number completely and my phone expenses will be something like 5,000 Pesos or less than $5 USD :D

paying 1,400 bucks per month for a small place to live in the USA? nah, now i can split $600 total with my girlfriend for a bigger apartment in lovely Mendoza in the trendiest area, with no street dogs and super safe all night/day. i can now live for all my expenses here in Argentina, for 2 people and 1 dog, food and gym and everything, for less than the cost of the last rent i paid in the USA.

just a couple examples of what i find more freeing - spend less, need more, and now i don't have to work as much, and i can pursue more meaningful things. a contrary opinion is Robert Kiyosaki here: https://www.richdad.com/live-below-your-means

exactly. i'm much more interested now in an Off The Grid type of life, than driving a luxury car and having a $1500 iPhone

we really are programmed to think we need to work 'until retirement' so we have crap that we don't need. for me, seeing $5000 washing machines with WiFi and bluetooth fail, while 40-year-old Maytag old-school washers are still going strong, showed me that i should focus on sustainable instead of the newest and 'best'

i worked with guys who would make good hourly but spend half of it on the weekends, paying $100 USD a night for crappy drinks and bar food. it never made sense. and when i was making a ton of money overseas some of my co-workers would finance huge houses and cars (that they got to use 2 months a year) and then they got stuck working constantly to pay their bills, while i went around Europe with a backpack and a 6-year-old phone. i found it much more fulfilling to spend my savings on plane tickets and travel experiences, instead of "new stuff" that lost its glitter after a couple months.

brooooooo, what uncertainty?? other than peronists and InfoBae, i just don't see it. people in Mendoza are on vacation here every week/end, Cordoba was the same, and Buenos Aires has SO much money. what uncertainty?? the only uncertainty i see in the world is the nuclear WW3 risk in Europe and the USA. and prices are all-time-highs for food, rent, inflation, etc. in the USA and EU - so, what uncertainty in Argentina?? you gotta stop reading/listening to Peronists on commie social media

"the FIRST BUDGET WITH A FISCAL SURPLUS IN DECADES."

Argentina is rejecting endless money-printing (inflation) and national-debt spending on pet projects. and it's working. just wait until the December laws are deleted even more. we are WAYYY early on Argentina. the day it isn't a pain to fly here, immigrate, work, and spend (looking at you, MercadoLibre restrictions), things will boom here

broseph, you should block anyone who is saying such stupid sh*t. they probably aren't even in Argentina. i've written books here about how prices are basically the same in Dollars. i just bought a 120/170g can of Tuna that was $4-5 USD in CABA when i got here in November. i didn't eat tuna for months. yesterday at Vea/Cencosud it was just under 1,600 Pesos per can. less than the 1,780 Pesos it was at Carrefour the past few months. costs for tuna cans have now gone DOWN over the past 9 months, in Pesos and Dollars. i'm making Tuna Melts again!

you can go on Google Maps and find cafes in your desired area, find the 25% that have online menus with prices, and see for yourself. mendoza has coffee plus croissant deals at many shops right now for 1,500 Pesos - this would be like $1.30 USD or something. so, why are your TikTok people paying Starbucks USA prices? it's a choice, and they are lying to you, or so stupid that they will make us all dumber by reading their posts

this is a Zero-Sum Game mindset. i highly recommend listening to the Time Price concept in Economics, as it applies to your question:

basically, as @earlyretirement has said, when Argentina is booming prices in Dollars won't be as good for Expats, sure. and the SteakBros will leave, while the people who are invested here will enjoy the 95% of other benefits that liberty offers. for instance, taxes will go down. cars will be half-priced with less tariffs/import fees. goods you could never buy online will be available on Amazon/MercaoLibre. you'll be able to get Bitcoin and "transferencia" discounts on everyday goods. more restaurants with more variety will open. stores will carry a wider variety of goods, instead the choices between 2 different containers of mayonnaise that are basically the same (did you know it's still impossible to find Olive-Oil-only Mayo 99% of the time? it all has canola/sunflower oil in it, too). there are more metrics than just the Dollar cost of steaks, and i really worry who is giving you all this bad info. this is an unprecedented time, so literally no one knows when/how things will develop. but overall liberty should increase if Argentines keep seeking it.

dude, not to be rude, but what the f*ck do you know? part of learning is being humble and uncertain, wanting to read and learn, rather than make claims. are you even in Argentina?? how many times do i need to document the cost in Dollars of life in 3 provinces, 9 months in a row? this is a really weird take. as i've challenged others: what specifically, dollar amounts and links, have gone up in price this year?

Argentina is still the screaming deal it was, with even more perks. and we're in a global recession, with a 'puberty' phase of post-Communist government after 70-100 years of destruction. and the Legislative and Judicial branches and Governors are still fighting the de-regulation.

this has been discussed by earlyretirement here and on the old censored forum a ton, but i think the overall thing you're missing is that Argentina (or any other developing country) isn't this false dialectical between 'cheap in Dollars for SteakBros' and 'better life for Locals in Pesos' - both can be true!

prices in Dollars might go up overall, but annoying things will decreased, variety will explode, and more competition means you can get deals rather than be forced to buy a limited variety :)

@Uncle Wong i highly recommend you take this class on Peterson Academy. https://petersonacademy.com/courses/the-economics-of-human-flourishing

it doesn't have to be a Zero-Sum scenario where Expats lose when Locals 'win' - i reject the premise.

Argentina has never had full de-regulation, so in the past with the times mentioned by @Blockchain and @Vero there were still HUGE barriers to economic entry, trade restriction, nepotism, and overall just not the Libertarian ideals that the current government is trying to Afuera. there are too many variables to compare slightly higher Dollar prices in the future, when SO many more good/services/opportunities will be available. imagine if cars and imported goods cost half the Dollars in December, for instance...would that be factored-into the slightly-higher potential prices for restaurants and Ubers in the future?
That is a great plan on living a more simple life @StatusNomadicus. It doesn't matter if you're in the USA or Argentina or anywhere else. Having that mindset of stopping to spend so much on junk one doesn't need is much better. I cut down on the amount of things I bought once I moved to BA.

Prices go up and prices go down here more than most places. That can be very stressful for people on limited incomes. Even if you are not spending too much, it is stressful to see prices jump around. For many of us, Argentina is home no matter what happens. The USA is going through huge inflation on things there too.

@StatusNomadicus thanks for all the helpful information. You always have helpful content. No, I don't live there and was only there a month traveling around. I am still learning about Argentina and thinking of moving there in the future. The uncertainty I am worried about maybe stems from speaking to all my local friends I met there. They are very stressed and talk about the difficulty of paying their bills each month.

So in my head, I think that if I go there on a limited budget I might have problems too.

Thanks for the link. I am going to read it. I am still learning about Argentina. It is a complicated place with things constantly changing compared to other places I have visited but I am enjoying learning and reading about people's experiences there.

@StatusNomadicus thanks for all the helpful information. You always have helpful content. No, I don't live there and was only there a month traveling around. I am still learning about Argentina and thinking of moving there in the future. The uncertainty I am worried about maybe stems from speaking to all my local friends I met there. They are very stressed and talk about the difficulty of paying their bills each month.

So in my head, I think that if I go there on a limited budget I might have problems too.

Thanks for the link. I am going to read it. I am still learning about Argentina. It is a complicated place with things constantly changing compared to other places I have visited but I am enjoying learning and reading about people's experiences there.
You're right @Uncle Wong it is a complicated place. In just speaking with my girlfriend's family in detail Argentina sounds like a place of almost constant turmoil. And just because Milei is in power, from what I'm told by my girlfriend's father, things could easily change in a few years. He said here you never know and things can change very suddenly.

I think for the typical expat, you're going to be more protected with USD savings or pensions/income. And possibly more assets but for locals there is a constant fear of the unknown. I don't think you can compare life as a local resident making pesos with being an expat.

Argentina will always be home to some of us no matter how good or bad things get. For those of us that already purchased properties, it is an easier decision and less to worry about. There are problems all over the world. True Argentina has more of it's share of problems but my daughter lives in the States and she tells me about new problems each month there.

Like @StatusNomadicus says it does not have to be zero sum situation. We have severe problems here every decade or two. Always the same. I do not think things will change forever. Here always things change.

You're right @Uncle Wong it is a complicated place. In just speaking with my girlfriend's family in detail Argentina sounds like a place of almost constant turmoil. And just because Milei is in power, from what I'm told by my girlfriend's father, things could easily change in a few years. He said here you never know and things can change very suddenly.

I think for the typical expat, you're going to be more protected with USD savings or pensions/income. And possibly more assets but for locals there is a constant fear of the unknown. I don't think you can compare life as a local resident making pesos with being an expat.
I don't believe that Milei will get elected again. Time will tell but there are many problems that were never solved and things getting worse.

That can be very stressful for people on limited incomes
sure, and 95% of people who claim to be on limited/fixed incomes have made the choice to continue spending the same or more, buying the same products/services/luxuries, and not working a part-time job to offset their lifestyle. the 70-year-olds in the USA working at Wal-Mart after retirement are doing it to supplement the life they want to live (plus the benefits/discounts). there just aren't that many people that are unable to work, so if Argentina goes up double in Dollar price, the people who live here might need to buy less things or take a 20-hour-a-week job. this might also be an unpopular opinion, but Retirement as a concept (just stopping making money when you hit an arbitrary age) is weird. i've never understood why people think they're entitled to just stop providing goods/services to other people and get a free ride. not saying that's you, but in all the cases of these caricatures of the 'helpless retiree' i've noticed that they just sit on their ass all day...which is fine if that's someone's goal and they don't burden others, but to frame it as if they have no choice and are victims is just as silly as the transient/bum that demands people give him cash (when he is healthy and walking and able to get a job nearby).

They are very stressed and talk about the difficulty of paying their bills each month.
i call bullshit, but i'm sure there is a tiny % of people who are suffering. how they frame it, though, is important: were they suffering/stressed BEFORE 2024, or suddenly it's now an issue because their Ñoqui checks are stopped and they actually have to be productive citizens? i know when people are actually feeling economic pain, because they stop eating out and going to bars. if those people are still spending $4 USD on coffees and $6 USD on drinks when they go out, they're lying to you about their stress ;)

all my local friends
all of them? how many, where do they choose to live, how wealthy is their family, and how much free sh*t did they get under the K Commies? and did any tell you that the price of a fantastic cut of steak at the grocery store is still 6,000-10,000 Pesos per kilo, for almost the entire year now? because something isn't adding-up from what they're saying and what the prices show : )

the difficulty of paying their bills each month.
you should ask them all to share rough budget numbers. i think if you saw how they really spend, you'd know they are just complaining politically. how could they possibly be hurting more now, in Sep2024, than in Sep2023, unless they were getting free handouts back then? most Argentines have very few bills (no mortgages, cars aren't needed for the majority of people, phone plans and utilities are super cheap/subsidized, etc.)

almost constant turmoil.
true, but luckily prices in Pesos (and Dollars) have been really stable for basic goods, all this year. that NEVER happened for a long time, when the K family was siphoning the soul of the country. here's a boneless Matambre cut of beef for 7000 Pesos / kilogram

1142 ARS/Dollar as of yesterday 10Sep2024 with Visa USA credit card, means 7000 / 1142 = $6.13 USD / kg, divided by 2.20462 = $2.78 USD/pound. what does your nearby store sell beef cuts for right now? in the USA usually $9 USD/pound is a great deal for grilling meat.

5000-6000 Asado cuts depending on how you shop-around:

1. https://www.disco.com.ar/asado-de-novillito-gondola-bandeja/p
2. https://www.hiperlibertad.com.ar/combo-asado-x-2-5kg/p

so in my experience things are MUCH easier now, there's more hope in the air (unless someone's Commie welfare check got cut-off and they are crying about having to finally get off their butt), and prices are actually being put on menus since they aren't changing daily (or within the same day), like when i got here in Nov2023 :)

let me know what prices/info you guys want me to research...happy to help! Mendoza is much better in my opinion that CABA, unless you often describe yourself as being "bored" - it's still a big city of a million+ people in the metro area, with super close mountains and lots to do just like any big city.

for locals there is a constant fear of the unknown. I don't think you can compare life as a local resident making pesos with being an expat.
but this is the point i'm making - prices have been stable, even dropping in the Tuna case, in Pesos, so what possible argument could there be made that this year is any different or worse than all the preceding years? it's not logical...there was always fear, and now there's less. there was always inflation, and now there's more stability. i just don't understand the argument that anything has changed for Argies making Peso income.

my daughter lives in the States and she tells me about new problems each month there.
here's a list of how bad things are, and about to crash:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. https://x.com/KobeissiLetter/status/1828814448917979398
6. https://x.com/KobeissiLetter/status/1824407260614779185

I don't believe that Milei will get elected again. Time will tell but there are many problems that were never solved and things getting worse.
i knew one of you local peronistas would jump in here eventually and spout the usual stupid sh*t. Larry: no one gives a sh*t about your opinion, since you had nothing to say for years when your Dear Leaders were destroying the economy and currency. "there are many problems that were never solved" - wow! what an astute comment about the past 9 months of LLA cabinet leadership. can we hear any more of your nuanced and insightful views? /s

"things getting worse" - y, cómo? puedes darme un ejemplo especifico, con enlace, que muestra que 'cosas' son peor ahora, mas que 2023? espero, boludo :)

i call bullshit, but i'm sure there is a tiny % of people who are suffering. how they frame it, though, is important: were they suffering/stressed BEFORE 2024, or suddenly it's now an issue because their Ñoqui checks are stopped and they actually have to be productive citizens? i know when people are actually feeling economic pain, because they stop eating out and going to bars. if those people are still spending $4 USD on coffees and $6 USD on drinks when they go out, they're lying to you about their stress
I disagree with you. So you say it bullshit with all the numbers that talk about poverty levels in Argentina?? No one is saying this suffering is new with only this President. Poverty has been a problem in Argentina for many years. Not everyone is a Noqui. Many people are struggling here in Argentina. Surprising that you think everyone here are noquis and poverty rate is not alarmingly high.

I disagree with you. So you say it bullshit with all the numbers that talk about poverty levels in Argentina?? No one is saying this suffering is new with only this President. Poverty has been a problem in Argentina for many years. Not everyone is a Noqui. Many people are struggling here in Argentina. Surprising that you think everyone here are noquis and poverty rate is not alarmingly high.
Some people are blind as to what is going on. Poverty rates are alarming. Anyone that tries to deny this fact is lying to themselves.

Good to hear that food prices are stabilizing. Honestly I didn't think food was a good value on many things. I did visit some places that were affordable but plenty of places where food was not cheap. Food selection at the supermarket was pathetic. Prices for things like toilet paper was insane. I can't speak to how things stacked up before as it was my first visit to Argentina but I thought generally prices were expensive considering how low the salaries are there.

Yes many things were cheaper than other places but overall I thought things were expensive in Palermo which I understand is not Argentina and is more expensive vs. other places in Argentina. From what I understand prices are much higher in BA vs. other cities in Argentina. I want to travel around and see how prices stack up. I was amazed how safe it was considering how terrible the economy is.

Back